Guided Horseback Riding Tours are a great way to explore
Ashland, Grants Pass and Southern Oregon’s Rogue Valley. We Ride Daily!
There’s no better way to see our beautiful region than Horseback Riding with a guide!
Horseback riding with a certified-guide is for all ages. We explore the foothills of the Siskiyou & Cascade Mountain Trails & Meadows. Ranch stables are conveniently located in North Ashland Exit 19 of I-5 and near Merlin, Oregon Exit 61 of I-5.
RIDE ON A VARIETY OF BEAUTIFUL – SAFE TRAILS AROUND THE ASHLAND or Merlin ( Grants Pass Region ) – all skill levels encouraged.
We offer a free simple saddle-safety lesson or two along the way. We’ve taken guests from 5 years old up to 95 years old.
ASHLAND AREA: We may gather at the Bear Greenway to ride creek side or ride up the foothills of the Cascade Mountains. We sometimes explore the Cascade – Siskiyou National Monument near Pilot Rock.
GRANTS PASS AREA: Other rides explore the Middle and Lower Rogue River Trails near where Wild West pioneers of old used to ride.
- BASIC HORSEBACK RIDES DEPARTING FROM THE TRAILHEAD – Meeting at 800 North Main Street office in Ashland or at Morrison’s Lodge in Merlin.
- See trails meandering through wildflower-strewn meadows, by pristine mountain creeks, amidst majestic douglas firs and lofty pines.
- Gentle, steady horses make rides pleasant and fun for a skilled rider or rusty greenhorn (kids and adults).
- We take the fears out of horseback riding and make it an adventure you’ll love to do again!
- One Hour Rides fully equipped, brief rider’s lesson with private guide.
$75 per 1- hour / per person (allow 1.5 hours for preparation, short lesson, travel)
- Two Hour Rides fully equipped, brief rider’s lesson with private guide.
$95 per 2- hours / per person (allow time for short lesson)
- Overnight Western High Mountain Lakes Horseback Trail Rides and Cabin Campout
(call for rates depending on the season and size of the group) from $199 per person double occupancy (includes two rides, meal, overnight cabin)
- 1/2 Day Rides with Cowboy Lunch to the Majestic Mountain Overlooks from $149 per person
What a way to explore the Upper Country of the Klamath-Siskiyou Wilderness Monument or the upper elevations of the Siskiyous above Lithia Park in the trails systems of White Rabbit. We will transport you to the trailhead to meet the horses and the wrangler-guide(s) depending on your group size. A minimum of two is required and a two-minimum may have a 10% surcharge for fuel-admin fees.
Even 1930’s through 70’s movie stars like John Wayne and Kathryn Hepburn frequented these trails and rides like Rooster Cogburn
After a couple of hours in the saddle, you will enjoy a Cowboy Lunch comprised of a hot pork and brisket fresh baked bread sandwich, hot baked beans western-style, and some fine cookies to top it off. Iced waters are always provided.
You will again be transported back with photos of an adventure you will maybe never forget!