Enjoy A Guided Crater Lake National Park Tour
We believe that no trip to Oregon is complete without a visit to Crater Lake National Park, one of the most rare and sublime natural wonders in the world. This geological Jewel of the Cascades comprises one of the oldest national parks in our nation’s history, and the only national park in Oregon. Enjoy 180,000 acres dedicated in 1902 by President Theodore Roosevelt and U. S. Congress. We invite you to sit back and allow our professional narrative guides to transport your group, on a wonderful day you will never forget!
- Did you know Crater Lake is nearly 2,000 feet deep at its deepest point , is over 30 miles around and 5-6 miles across? You can see every shore, all-at-once, from single viewpoints.
- Did you know Crater Lake was once known Mount Mazama , approximately 12,000 feet tall? Crater Lake partially fills a type of volcanic depression called a caldera that is formed by the collapse of the 12,000 ft volcano known as Mount Mazama during an enormous eruption approximately 7,700 years ago. The climactic (caldera-forming) eruption of Mount Mazama changed the landscape all around the volcano.
Departs Ashland / Medford / Grants Pass area 9:30 AM / returns by 4:30 PM
Note: The Fall and Winter are some of the most beautiful times of the year to visit Crater Lake ! We have snow-shoe guided tours every week of the winter months. The warm Visitors Gift Shop and Cafe are Open Every Day!
For today’s weather report visual right at Crater Lake Live on Camera is here :
All-inclusive price covers:
- Transportation (it is approximately a 90 mile drive) with professional guide narration.
- Park pass, deli-boxed lunch and multiple area site-seeing and/or hiking.
- The tour is seven hours long and perfect for photography all along the way
- $219 per person (min. 2 people, discounts for larger groups/children)
(note: a $10 per person surcharge may be applied during high gas prices)
Get Info, Be Contacted by Main Street Staff or Order Now _____________________________________________________
Our Main Street Crater Lake exclusive tour is a fascinating visual journey taking you 5,000 vertical feet, leaving from the Medford/Ashland/Grants Pass area, narrated by our professionally-trained tour guide.
SCENIC and EDUCATIONAL Stops Along the Way:
- The Cole M. Rivers Fish Hatchery where salmon, steelhead, and rainbow trout are born, raised, and released into their native habitat. Watch the Fish and Wildlife Service feed, breed and rear these fish from eggs in preparation for their journey down the Rogue River all the way to the Pacific Ocean.
- Rogue River Gorge where we will watch millions of gallons of water surging through a collapsed, 40 foot deep lava tube, enough in one minute to fill an Olympic-size swimming pool!
- Lake of the Woods This high mountain historic lake resort sits beside one of the clearest natural lakes found in the Southern Oregon Cascades.
AFTER LUNCH you continue your journey back to the Medford/Ashland area using an alternate route on the Volcanic Legacy Scenic Byway through the Klamath Basin Cowboy Country, renown world-wide for its birding.
We will stop on occasion to view birds, perhaps spotting bald eagle, American white pelican, or a plethora of others. Then we will drop you off at your front door after visiting a huge portion of Southern Oregon.
* learn more of the science and history of Crater Lake National Park
* help plan your trip and learn how you can help protect this special place