Crater Lake National Park, one of the most rare and sublime natural wonders in the world. This geological Jewel of the Cascades comprises one of the first national parks in our nation’s history, and the only national park in Oregon. We invite you to sit back and allow our professional naturalist guides transport your group, on a wonderful day you will never forget!
All aboard for a voyage of discovery!
Did you know?:
- Crater Lake is nearly 2,000 feet deep at its deepest point, is over 30 miles around and 5-6 miles across? You can see every shore, all-at-once, from single viewpoints.
- Crater Lake was once a giant stratovolcano named Mount Mazama, approximately 12,000 feet tall.
- Crater Lake is not actually a in crater. The lake lies in a type of volcanic depression called a caldera that is formed by the collapse of Mazama during an enormous eruption approximately 7,700 years ago.
- The climactic (caldera-forming) eruption of Mount Mazama changed the landscape all around the volcano.
- 12 cubic miles of material was jettisoned into the atmosphere, some of which fell back to earth as far away as Nebraska.
Departs Ashland / Medford / Grants Pass area 9:30 AM / returns by 4:30 PM
All-inclusive tour, daily departures. Don’t just go there, go beyond! With our professional naturalist guides you’ll explore the many layers of natural history enfolded in the landscape: the geological, the naturalist, and most of all that emotive esthetic, the sublime. Our goal is to tell the whole story.
- Stops at many fascinating waysides that most visitors drive right past!
- Park pass, deli-boxed lunch and multiple area site-seeing.
- A hike to suit your abilities.
- The tour is seven hours long and perfect for photography all along the way
- Starts at just $135 per person! (group price)
Some SCENIC and EDUCATIONAL Stops Along the Way:
- The Cole M. Rivers Fish Hatchery where salmon, steelhead, and rainbow trout are born, raised, and released into their native habitat. Watch the Fish and Wildlife Service feed, breed and raise fingerlings in preparation for their journey down the Rogue River all the way to the Pacific Ocean.
- Rogue River Gorge where we will watch millions of gallons of water surging through a collapsed, 40 foot deep lava tube, enough in one minute to fill an Olympic-size swimming pool!
- Lake of the Woods This high mountain historic lake resort sits beside one of the clearest natural lakes found in the Southern Oregon Cascades.
Want to make your tour exclusive? Upgrade to the exclusive package for a private tour tailored specifically to your groups particular needs/expectations. There are many bonus features to the exclusive package:
EXCLUSIVE PACKAGE UPGRADES: 1) Flexible timing. 2) Pickup and drop-off from the location of your choosing. 3) Bonus volcanoes. We’ll continue our journey back to the Medford/Ashland area using an alternate route on the Volcanic Legacy Scenic Byway through the Klamath Basin Cowboy Country, renown world-wide for its bird and wildlife viewing.
We will stop on occasion to view birds, perhaps spotting bald eagle, American white pelican, or a plethora of others. We will then travel over the hip of the majestic Mt. McLaughlin, with opportunities to walk along sections of the Pacific Crest Trail with spectacular views. Then we will drop you off at your front door after visiting a huge portion of Southern Oregon.
* learn more of the science and history of Crater Lake National Park
* help plan your trip and learn how you can help protect this special place