All aboard for a voyage of discovery!
Don’t just go there, go beyond! With our professional naturalist guides you’ll explore the many layers of natural history enfolded in the landscape: the Geological, the Naturalist, and most of all that emotive esthetic, the Sublime. Our goal is to tell the whole story. We invite you to sit back and allow our professional naturalist guides transport your group, on a wonderful day you will never forget!
All-inclusive tour, daily departures. This geological Jewel of the Cascades comprises one of the first national parks in our nation’s history, and the only national park in Oregon.
Starts at just $149 per person!(pricing is based on final guest count)
- We’ll stop at many fascinating waysides that most visitors drive right past.
- Includes park entrance fees and interpretive sight seeing in the great span of geologic epochs.
- Can include our fresh deli-style boxed lunch for just $15! Just add at checkout.
- An inspirational hike to suit your abilities.
- This tour is seven hours long and and is an immersive experience, you’ll get to see a huge portion of Southern Oregon!
A journey of many parts woven together. Some SCENIC and EDUCATIONAL Stops Along the Way:
The main event is our time in the Park, but there are some amazing sights along the way that most folks just drive right past!
- The Cole M. Rivers Fish Hatchery where salmon, steelhead, and rainbow trout are born, raised, and released into their native habitat.
- Waterfalls. We will be following the Wild and Scenic Rogue River, and seeing it in its many moods. Watch millions of gallons of water surging through collapsed lava tubes, the whole Rogue River disappearing mysteriously underground and re-emerging downstream!
- Lake of the Woods This high mountain historic resort sits beside one of the clearest natural lakes found in the Southern Oregon Cascades.
- We will stop on occasion to view birds, perhaps spotting bald eagle, American white pelican, or a plethora of others. We will then travel over the hip of the majestic Mt. McLaughlin, with opportunities to walk along sections of the Pacific Crest Trail with spectacular views. Then we will drop you off at your front door after visiting a huge portion of Southern Oregon.
Did you know?:
- Crater Lake is nearly 2,000 feet deep at its deepest point, is over 30 miles around and 5-6 miles across? You can see every shore, all-at-once, from single viewpoints.
- Crater Lake was once a giant stratovolcano named Mount Mazama, approximately 12,000 feet tall.
- Crater Lake is not actually a in crater. The lake lies in a type of volcanic depression called a caldera that is formed by the collapse of Mazama during an enormous eruption approximately 7,700 years ago.
- The climactic (caldera-forming) eruption of Mount Mazama changed the landscape all around the volcano.
- 12 cubic miles of material was jettisoned into the atmosphere, some of which fell back to earth as far away as Nebraska.
Departs Ashland / Medford / Grants Pass area 9:30 AM / returns by 4:30 PM
Want to make your tour exclusive? Upgrade to the Exclusive Package for a private tour tailored specifically to your groups particular needs/expectations. There are many bonus features to the exclusive package:
EXCLUSIVE PACKAGE UPGRADE:
1) Flexible timing. 2) Pickup and drop-off right from your lodgings or residence 3) Bonus volcanoes. We’ll continue our journey back to the Medford/Ashland area using an alternate route on the Volcanic Legacy Scenic Byway through the Klamath Basin Cowboy Country, renown world-wide for its bird and wildlife viewing.
We will stop on occasion to view birds, perhaps spotting bald eagle, American white pelican, or a plethora of others. We will then travel over the hip of the majestic Mt. McLaughlin, with opportunities to walk along sections of the Pacific Crest Trail with spectacular views. Then we will drop you off at your front door after visiting a huge portion of Southern Oregon.
* learn more of the science and history of Crater Lake National Park
* help plan your trip and learn how you can help protect this special place