Your Ticket to Southern Oregon’s Winter Wonderland!
Glide through the freshly fallen snow and feel the crisp mountain air on your cheeks!
Leave the winter driving to us! Every year the landscape of the mountains transforms into a Winter Wonderland! And it lingers for most of the year in the high places. The only way to experience the Southern Oregon Backcountry in winter is by ski or snowshoe.
We will pick you up! Our winter sports experts can give you the kind of guidance and instruction that that will take you there and beyond! Safely. Our tour vehicles are equipped with studded tires and four wheel drive. Join a tour or rent…the snow is great through late March and into April.
Snowshoe or Cross-country ski with an instructor and guide with a warm lunch stop and hot chocolate!
Southern Oregon has some of the best Cross Country Ski Trails and vistas along the west coast! To name a few:
- Mt Ashland’s groomed back country trails – with expansive views of Mt Shasta, the Marble Mountains, the Siskiyou Crest and the Rogue Valley (View the Mt. Ashland Mountain Report!) or
- up Hwy 66-Greensprings to Hyatt Lake Recreation Area- New! where the Nordic Club of Southern Oregon has groomed trails weekly! We’ll circle frozen Hyatt Lake with views of Mt McLaughlin.
- Lake of the Woods Resort area where we may follow fascinating loops of trails around the Lake and into huge Douglas Fir stands.
- A longer day may take us to Diamond Lake Recreation area or the ultimate Crater Lake National Park (View the Webcams!) where we will view into the world’s largest, clearest, bluest, deepest fresh water lake ! Many facilities are open at Crater Lake in the winter…gift shop, snack shop , and Ranger led and tours. It is a perfect outing for the whole family from 6-years old and older!
Today’s modern Snow Shoes take you just about anywhere on mountain trails and you don’t sink down in the snow!
For all Outdoor Snow activity we will provide:
- Extra layering apparel
- Quality skis and snowshoes(your gear rental is included!)
- Hand and Foot warmers
- Hot chocolate!
Why not join one of our weekly groups for a guided adventure or form your own group!
Our guides have decades of experience and the patience to make sure you’re safe, well equipped and enjoying the great winter outdoors. Our guides carry emergency gear, are all CPR/First Aid certified and are equipped with satellite SOS communicators.
- Cross Country Ski or Snowshoe Day Tours in a group or a private session from just $139.50. The perfect high mountain 4-5 hour trip with transportation, private guide, gear, instruction and snacks – (two person minimum). What would winter touring be without hot drinks. We will be providing hot chocolate and coffee, at one of the cozy shelters, or right there on the trail!
We do have group discounts if there are over six persons.
- JUST RENTALS: Cross Country Skis, boots, pole rental packages from $45 per day- 24 hours (children’s sizes too!)
- Snowshoe Rentals and poles (just strap them on and go!) from $20 per day or $35 per day- 24 hours!
- WE DELIVER!
Start your day with a lesson that’s accessible for all levels. You will carry these skills for years to come! Take to the trail at ‘your’ pace!
Call us today or Email Us for More Information at 541 625 9845 !
How Booking Works:
There are no minimum guest requirements provided you book the category appropriate to the number of guests. Group tours start at just $79/guest! The group tour requires a minimum of four guests to launch. If you are just booking for one, two or three guests, we will adjust your balance to reflect that of the appropriate number of guests at the time of your tours’ launch. We will be in communication as soon as you book. If you prefer to book over the phone, by all means – just call 541 625 9845.
Our tour guides are professional hosts and educators, and our transport vehicles are late issue luxury models outfitted with the maximum of safety gear 4×4 and/or studded tires. We carry the most up-to-date safety gear. All are all CPR/First Aid certified and are equipped with satellite SOS communicators.